This collection of over 120 specification sections focuses on your structural design needs, including load-bearing and load-resisting assemblies, elements, and materials used in building construction. Quickly access well-researched, current, tautly written, and coordinated specification language for:
- Product and material quality levels
- Product selections
- Detailed fabrication and mixing requirements
- Installation and field quality control requirements
- Regional practices for delegating design for portions of construction
Get the flexibility you need. With MasterSpec®, you can edit sections to be proprietary, descriptive, or prescriptive.
Whether part of a structural engineering or design-build practice, you can rely on MasterSpec for:
- Easy Integration — This comprehensive master specification system complements your project drawing information and coordinates with specifications used by many architects and with standard AIA and EJCDC Contract Documents.
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create quality specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to MasterSpec’s industry-recognized Supporting Documents.
- Sustainable Design Information — Easily access and integrate LEEDv4, LEED 2009, Green Globes, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), and ASHRAE 189.1 information.
- A Formal Peer - and Technical - Review Process — MasterSpec is the only commercial specification system reviewed by a committee of practicing engineers and specification experts.
- Industry Validation — A product of the AIA, MasterSpec is endorsed or recommended by CASE, ACEC, NSPE, and other professional organizations.
With the Structural Specifications Library, you can specify:
- Building foundation elements, including driven piles, auger-cast piles, and drilled piers
- Cast-in-place concrete
- Precast structural and tilt-up concrete
- Unbonded, post-tensioned concrete
- Concrete unit masonry and brick
- Stone cladding and anchored and adhered-stone masonry veneer
- Structural steel framing, architecturally exposed steel, steel deck, open web joists and cold-formed steel trusses and framing
- Fireproofing treatments
- Wood and engineered-wood framing, sheathing, wood decking, wood trusses, and glue-laminated wood
- Painting and high-performance coatings
- Inspection requirements
Table of Contents:
Explore MasterSpec Structural Specifications Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
MasterSpec Supporting Documents include:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
Select the solution that best fits your needs:
Contact us at 800.424.5080 for personalized service and additional discounts (professional organization, volume, multi-year, renewal, and special promotions).
Basic Solutions — Sections for typical projects
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $440
- Save $310
- Save $30
||Premium + Professional + Outline (discounted)
||Preliminary specifications (for use in the design development phase) that may be added on to Professional and/or Premium libraries
||Most comprehensive specification text for your various projects, including those with complex contractual requirements
||Premium plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Full but streamlined specification text for your typical projects and contractual requirements
||Professional plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Sophisticated management tool for office masters and project manuals. Add-on software that works with the Premium specifications only
||Premium + Professional (discounted)