Written by professional engineers, this library of over 355 sections offers you a single source for the technical specifications and reference materials to specify:
- Fire suppression systems
Endorsed by ACEC and NSPE, the Mechanical Specifications Library is compliant with building codes such as the International Building Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, and National Electrical Code.
Integrate your projects easily with specifications that complement project drawing information and coordinate with standard AIA and EJCDC contract documents. Plus, your MasterSpec®
sections will easily align with those used by the architects, food service consultants, structural engineers, landscape architects, and civil engineers on your design team.
everyone in your office can access the most thoroughly written master specifications, extensive background research (including key industry standards and their impact on product selection, installation,
and testing), and editing software — all from ONE, user-friendly screen.
Whether you are a consulting mechanical engineer, E/A firm, design build firm, or other design professional, you can rely on MasterSpec for:
- Code Compliance and Background Information — The Mechanical Specifications Library meets or exceeds building code requirements and where applicable, provides background information and advice in the Supporting Documents.
- Standards Discussions — MasterSpec incorporates or references standards published by AHRI, AMCA, ANSI, ASHRAE, ASPE, ASTM, CSA, FMG, MSS, NFPA, NSF, UL, SMACNA, and TIA, among others, to make sure that you are specifying the proper products, installations, and testing.
- Cloud-based Background Research — Enjoy 24/7/365 access to MasterSpec’s industry-recognized Supporting Documents.
- Scalable Solutions — Accommodate the full range of projects of varying sizes, types, and complexities — including hospitals, airports, schools, office buildings and complexes, detention facilities, and municipal and government facilities.
- Sustainable Design Requirements — Integrate ASHRAE 189.1, Green Globes, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), LEED v4, and LEED 2009.
- A Formal Peer - and Technical - Review Process — MasterSpec is the only commercial specification system reviewed by a committee of practicing engineers and specification experts.
With the Mechanical Specifications Library, you can specify:
- HVAC System
- Mechanical insulation systems for ducts, equipment. and piping
- HVAC commissioning
- Control systems
- Operator work stations
- Cabling, sensors, and control devices
- Sequences of operation
- Heating and cooling piping
- Fuel-supply systems, including gas and oil piping and oil storage tanks
- Steam and condensate
- Hydronic (heating, cooling, and condenser water)
- Air-distribution systems, including metal and non-metal ducts, plenums, and casings
- Air-handling equipment
- Unitary and modular air-handling units
- Central station and terminal air-handling units (heating, cooling, and ventilating — singularly and in combination)
- Air-cleaning equipment
- Central heating and cooling plant
- Boilers, feedwater equipment, and pumps
- Furnaces (commercial and residential)
- Chillers (water and air cooled) and pumps
- Cooling towers and air-cooled condensers
- Decentralized heating and cooling equipment
- Unitary heating and cooling units
- Terminal heating and cooling units
- Fire-suppression Systems
- Fire-suppression commissioning
- Fire pumps and controls
- Water-based standpipes and sprinklers
- Fire-extinguishing systems, including clean agent, dry chemical, and carbon dioxide
- Plumbing Systems
- Plumbing equipment and piping insulation
- Plumbing commissioning
- Potable and non-potable water piping and storage
- Sanitary and storm water piping
- Compressed-air systems
- Medical gases
- Plumbing equipment
- Commercial and residential plumbing fixtures
- Water heaters and heat exchangers
- Water softeners and filtration equipment
- Sanitary waste equipment
Table of Contents:
Explore MasterSpec Mechanical Specifications Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
MasterSpec Supporting Documents include:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
Select the solution that best fits your needs:
Contact us at 800.424.5080 for personalized service and additional discounts (professional organization, volume, multi-year, renewal, and special promotions).
Basic Solutions — Sections for typical projects
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $790
- Save $630
- Save $30
Expanded Solutions — Basic solutions plus supplemental specialty sections
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $960
- Save $880
- Save $40
||Premium + Professional + Outline (discounted)
||Microsoft® Word plug-in for automating spec editing, production, & reporting
||Preliminary specifications (for use in the design development phase) that may be added on to Professional and/or Premium libraries
||Most comprehensive specification text for your various projects, including those with complex contractual requirements
||Premium plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Full but streamlined specification text for your typical projects and contractual requirements
||Professional plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Sophisticated management tool for office masters and project manuals. Add-on software that works with the Premium specifications only
||Premium + Professional (discounted)