Written by professional engineers, this library of over 185 sections includes technical specifications and reference materials for:
- Building electrical power distribution systems
- Lighting and controls
- Basic communications cabling and equipment for data
- Basic detection and alarm systems, including fire, intrusion, access, and security systems
Endorsed by ACEC and NSPE, the MasterSpec® Electrical Specifications Library gives you ONE source for the most thoroughly written engineering specifications, extensive background research
(including key industry standards and their impact on product selection), and editing software — all on the same, user-friendly screen.
MasterSpec electrical specifications are compliant with
building codes such as the International Building Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, and National Electrical Code. Integrate your projects easily with and those used by other design team members.
Whether you are a consulting electrical engineer, design-build firm, owner, or other design professional, you can rely on MasterSpec for:
- Code Compliance and Background Information — The Electrical Specifications Library meets or exceeds building code requirements and where applicable, provides background information and advice in the Supporting Documents.
- Standards Discussions — MasterSpec incorporates or references standards published by ANSI, ASCE, ASHRAE, ASTM, CSA, FMG, IEC, IES, IEEE, NFPA, NEMA, NETA, UL, and TIA, among others, to make sure that you are specifying the proper products, installations, and testing.
- Easy Integration and Quick Editing — This Electrical Specifications Library complements your project drawing information and coordinates with standard AIA and EJCDC Contract Documents. Productivity software allows quick and easy editing of your MasterSpec sections.
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create quality electrical specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to MasterSpec’s industry-recognized Supporting Documents.
- Flexibility for Varied Project Sizes, Types, and Complexities — Quickly create electrical, communications, and security specifications for everything from multi-family housing complexes to detention facilities.
- Sustainable Design Information — Easily access and integrate ASHRAE 189.1, Green Globes, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), LEED v4, and LEED 2009 information.
- A Formal Peer - and Technical - Review Process — MasterSpec is the only commercial specification system reviewed by a committee of practicing engineers and specification experts.
With the Electrical Specifications Library, you can specify:
- Electrical Systems
- Medium- and low-voltage power distribution and control equipment
- Transformers (low- and medium- voltage only)
- Short-circuit, coordination, and arc-flash studies
- Electrical metering, monitoring, and control
- Indoor and outdoor lighting and controls
- Theatrical and sports field lighting and control
- Lightning protection systems
- Electrical power generation equipment
- Generator sets and transfer equipment
- Wind turbines and solar collectors
- Power conditioning and backup units
- Communications Systems
- Structured cabling, including equipment room fittings and backbone and horizontal cabling
Table of Contents:
Explore MasterSpec Electrical Specifications Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
MasterSpec Supporting Documents include:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
Select the solution that best fits your needs:
Contact us at 800.424.5080 for personalized service and additional discounts (professional organization, volume, multi-year, renewal, and special promotions).
Basic Solutions — Sections for typical projects
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $500
- Save $290
- Save $40
* SpecBuilder Desktop - Includes one server license and one seat. Additional licenses are at $290/seat.
Expanded Solutions — Basic solutions plus supplemental specialty sections
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $810
- Save $570
- Save $90
||Premium + Professional + Outline (discounted)
||Microsoft® Word plug-in for automating spec editing, production, & reporting
||Preliminary specifications (for use in the design development phase) that may be added on to Professional and/or Premium libraries
||Most comprehensive specification text for your various projects, including those with complex contractual requirements
||Premium plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Full but streamlined specification text for your typical projects and contractual requirements
||Professional plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Sophisticated management tool for office masters and project manuals. Add-on software that works with the Premium specifications only
||Premium + Professional (discounted)