This library offers you 100+ specifications and reference materials uniquely related to communications as well as electronic safety and security components/systems. Written in conjunction with communication industry specialists and based on BICSI/ TIA standards and guidelines, the Communications Specifications Library coordinates with both AIA and ECJDC contract documents and specifications.
An add-on library is also available with 15 sections to supplement your Electrical Library or any other MasterSpec library.
Now, you can produce technically superior specifications more efficiently for:
- Structured cabling
- Security access and control
- Fire, alarm, mass notification, and intercommunications systems
MasterSpec® communications specifications meet or exceed relevant standards. Where applicable, Supporting Documents explain these standards and how they influence product selection. Enjoy your ONE source for the most thoroughly written specifications, extensive background research, and automated editing software — all on the same, user-friendly screen.
Whether you are a communications and information transportation specialist, electronic systems contractor, electrical engineer, or RCDD, you can rely on MasterSpec for:
- Code Compliance and Background Information — The Communications Specifications Library incorporates ICEA, IEC, IES, IEEE, NFPA, NEMA, NETA, SIA, TIA, and UL standards to ensure the system performance your client counts on.
- Easy Integration — This comprehensive master specification system complements your communications project drawing information and coordinates with standard AIA and EJCDC Contract Documents as well as MasterSpec sections used by other design team members.
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create quality communications specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to MasterSpec’s industry-recognized Supporting Documents, extensive information about applicable standards and guidelines.
- Answers for Varied Project Sizes, Types, and Complexities — Quickly and accurately create specifications for every communications or electronic safety and security project you tackle. MasterSpec offers a solution that fits your role and expands or contracts to meet your project complexity.
- Sustainable Design Information — Easily access and integrate ASHRAE 189.1, Green Globes, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), LEED v4, and LEED 2009 information.
- A Formal Peer - and Technical - Review Process — MasterSpec is the only commercial specification system reviewed by a committee of practicing engineers and specification experts.
With the Communications Specifications Library, you can specify:
- Communications Infrastructure and Equipment:
- Grounding and bonding for communications
- Backbone and horizontal cabling, terminations, and accessories
- Master antenna systems
- Public address systems
- Sound masking systems
- Nurse call systems
- Public address systems
- Electronic Safety and Security Infrastructure and Equipment:
- Conductors and cables for communications; ultra low-voltage, and low-voltage systems
- Grounding and bonding for critical systems
- Access control systems
- Intrusion-detection systems
- Video surveillance cameras, accessories, and systems
- Perimeter security
- Fire alarm systems
- Mass notification systems
- PLC electronic monitoring and control systems
Table of Contents:
|Communications Add-on Library
Explore MasterSpec Communications Specifications Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
MasterSpec Supporting Documents include:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
Select the solution that best fits your needs:
Contact us at 800.424.5080 for personalized service and additional discounts (professional organization, volume, multi-year, renewal, and special promotions).
Basic Solutions — Sections for typical projects
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $340
- Save $280
- Save $60
Communications Add-on Library
Add-on to a current Masterspec License. MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $260
- Save $200
- Save $40
||Premium + Professional + Outline (discounted)
||Preliminary specifications (for use in the design development phase) that may be added on to Professional and/or Premium libraries
||Most comprehensive specification text for your various projects, including those with complex contractual requirements
||Premium plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Full but streamlined specification text for your typical projects and contractual requirements
||Professional plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Sophisticated management tool for office masters and project manuals. Add-on software that works with the Premium specifications only
||Premium + Professional (discounted)