Building Architecture/Engineering Library
Access the comprehensive resources you need for your multi-discipline firm’s full range of architectural and engineering projects with this library of over 665 sections from the Architecture/Engineering library.
Written by architects, engineers, master specification experts, and researchers, the Architectural/Engineering Specifications Library features procurement and contracting requirements, general requirements,
and technical construction specifications for these disciplines:
- Mechanical HVAC and plumbing
- Electronic safety and security
A product of the AIA, MasterSpec® is endorsed or recommended by ASID, ACEC, CASE, NSPE, IIDA, SDA, and other professional organizations and is consistent with building and specialty codes such
as the IBC and NEC.
You can count on MasterSpec for the most thoroughly researched and written architectural/engineering specifications PLUS extensive background research and time-saving editing software — all from a single,
Whether part of an A/E or design-build firm, you can rely on MasterSpec for:
- Easy Integration — This comprehensive master specification system complements your project drawing information and coordinates with standard AIA and EJCDC Contract Documents.
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create quality specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to MasterSpec’s industry-recognized Supporting Documents, extensive research of applicable standards and guidelines.
- Answers for Varied Project Sizes, Types, and Complexities — MasterSpec offers you the package and format choices you want for your projects. Easily edit specs for health care, educational, multi-family residential, retail, hospitality, office, airport, institutional, detention, and municipal and government facilities.
- Building Code Compliance — The Architectural/Engineering Specifications Library assists design professionals to meet model building codes, such as the ICC Code family, International Building Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, and National Electrical Code, and where applicable, provides background information and advice in the Supporting Documents.
- Architectural and Engineering Standards — MasterSpec incorporates or references current standards published by AAMA, AASHTO, ACI, AISC, AHRI, AITC, AMCA, ANSI, ASCE, ASHRAE, ASTM, AWS, BHMA, CISCA, CSA, DHI, FMGlobal, ICRI, IEC, IES, IEEE, GANA, HMMA, Intertek, MIA, MSS, NAIMA, NFPA, NEMA, NETA, NFRC, NRCA, NRMCA, NSF, PCI, PDI, RFCI, SDI, SJI, SPRI, UL, SMACNA, TCNA, TIA, TPI, and WDMA among others, to make sure that you are specifying the proper products and characteristics.
- Sustainable Design Information — Easily access and select LEED v4, LEED 2009, Green Globes, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), and ASHRAE 189.1 information and discussion.
- A Formal Peer and Technical Review Process — MasterSpec is the only commercial specification system reviewed by a committee of practicing architects, professional engineers, and specification writers.
With the Building Architecture/Engineering Specifications Library, you can specify:
- Architecture — Architectural precast concrete, metal work, stone, waterproofing, weather and air barriers, moisture protection, insulation, siding, roofing, storefront, curtain wall, windows, doors, hardware, finishes, signage, cabinets, casework, fixed furnishings, parking control, foodservice and other equipment, elevators, escalators, and demolition
- Site Civil and Landscape — Sitework, utilities, masonry, paving, soils, plants, turf and grasses
- Structural — Concrete, structural precast concrete, masonry work, structural steel, steel joists, steel deck, cold formed framing, and rough and finish carpentry
- Mechanical — Fire suppression, air handling units, chilled and hot water plants, refrigeration systems, control systems, plumbing piping and components, and HVAC equipment
- Electrical — Distribution and control equipment for power, lighting, and telecommunications as well as traditional and LED lighting, solar power, power conditioning, and backup units, substations, switchgear, transformers, metering, monitoring, and control
- Communications — Infrastructure and equipment such as nurse call systems, intercommunications, public address, and display systems
- Electronic safety and security equipment — Security cameras, access control, fire alarm, and mass notification systems
Table of Contents:
Explore MasterSpec Building Architecture/Engineering Library and Supporting Documents:
MasterSpec Supporting Documents include:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
Select the solution that best fits your needs:
Contact us at 800.424.5080 for personalized service and additional discounts (professional organization, volume, multi-year, renewal, and special promotions).
Basic Solutions — Sections for typical projects
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $2380
- Save $1700
- Save $620
Expanded Solutions — Basic solutions plus supplemental specialty sections
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
- Save $3470
- Save $2810
- Save $830
- Save $820
||Premium + Professional + Outline (discounted)
||Preliminary specifications (for use in the design development phase) that may be added on to Professional and/or Premium libraries
||Most comprehensive specification text for your various projects, including those with complex contractual requirements
||Premium plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Full but streamlined specification text for your typical projects and contractual requirements
||Professional plus Outline specs for design development phase (discounted)
||Sophisticated management tool for office masters and project manuals. Add-on software that works with the Premium specifications only
||Premium + Professional (discounted)