A revolutionary new product in the SpecWare suite of specification productivity
tools, Altarix combines the comprehensive, regularly updated content of the MasterSpec specification system
with the ability to create and automatically update office masters.
- Automatically receive MasterSpec updates, and compare the newest edition of the specifications to the user's
office master - and then intelligently incorporate the office master custom text and preferences, thereby allowing
users to easily document and leverage a firm's memory.
- Automatically update the master specification library without changing the specifications in existing
- Enable users to produce complete project manuals with the software's built-in tools such as global
headers/footers, table of contents and report creation, project summary and tracking.
- Include an advanced version of its smart Q&A editor, as well as a sleek new on-screen editor that
will allow users to add, edit, and delete specification text, select intelligent options, and add comments
and project notes.
- Allow users to copy sections from other Altarix projects as well as import text into a specification
- Empower specifiers to have complete control over their documents, allowing them to change their mind
at any time.
- Export to Microsoft Word for use with ARCOM's other specification productivity tools.
ARCOM's SpecAgent companion window will be easily accessible
within the Altarix platform, which will provide the latest product and manufacturer information, standards,
references, and product comparison tables.
ARCOM is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Masterworks 7.0, the latest in its SpecWare® suite of
specification productivity software.
This release of the industry's most extensive productivity software for use with word processors will, for the first
time, allow licensed users of both SpecText and MasterSpec to seamlessly use the same tools to produce construction
specifications quickly and easily. Masterworks tools include: Project Wizard, New Specification Wizard, Format
Wizard, global editing, extensive reports, and much more. Masterworks will continue to be provided complimentary
to all current MasterSpec and, now, SpecText, clients.
A much-awaited new feature is the automatic and seamless update of Masterworks without the user needing to reinstall
the software; Masterworks will contact the ARCOM server for software upgrades and will automatically download and
install the upgrade once given permission by the user. In addition, a new “Push Notification” capability will allow
a firm’s IT staff to install and update Masterworks on their users’ computers without the users doing anything
-- the IT staff “pushes” the installation to the client boxes.
"These enhancements to Masterworks will be a major time-saver for the IT staffs of MasterSpec and SpecText licensed
users,” Christopher Bushnell, President and CEO of ARCOM. “This release of Masterworks brings long-needed productivity
tools to SpecText users, and provides a seamless environment for those firms who use both master guide specification