Written by professional engineers, this library gives you one source for specifying these components and systems:
- Electronic safety and security
- Site Civil
Endorsed by ACEC, CASE, and NSPE, the Engineering Specifications Library offers 560+ sections and is fully code compliant with building and specialty codes such as the IBC and NEC. From ONE user-friendly screen, you can access the most thoroughly written specifications, extensive background research, and automated editing software.
Complement your MasterSpec® Engineering Library with the SpecText Water/Wastewater specifications (additional discounts apply).
Whether part of a consulting engineering or design-build firm, you can rely on MasterSpec for:
- Easy Integration — This comprehensive master specification system complements your project drawing information and coordinates with the specification system used by most architects and with standard AIA and EJCDC Contract Documents.
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create quality specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to MasterSpec’s industry-recognized Supporting Documents, extensive research of applicable standards and guidelines.
- Answers for Varied Project Sizes, Types, and Complexities — MasterSpec is easily edited to accommodate different types of projects such as healthcare, educational, multi-family residential, retail, hospitality, office, airport, institutional, detention, and municipal and government facilities.
- Code Compliance — The Engineering Specifications Library meets or exceeds model building codes, such as the International Building Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, and National Electrical Code, and where applicable, provides background information and advice in the Supporting Documents.
- Standards — MasterSpec incorporates or references standards published by ACI, AISC, AHRI, AMCA, ANSI, ASCE, ASHRAE, ASTM, CSA, FMG, IEC, IES, IEEE, MSS, NFPA, NEMA, NETA, NSF, PDI, UL, SMCNA, and TIA, among others, to make sure that you are specifying the proper products and characteristics.
- Sustainable Design Information — Easily access and select ASHRAE 189.1, Green Globes, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), LEED v4, and LEED 2009 information and discussion.
- A Formal Peer and Technical Review Process — MasterSpec is the only commercial specification system reviewed by a committee of practicing professional engineers and specification writers.
With the Engineering Specifications Library, you can specify:
- Structural — Concrete, masonry work, structural steel and metal work, and carpentry
- Mechanical — Thermal and moisture protection, fire suppression, air handling units, chilled and hot water plants, refrigeration systems, control systems, plumbing piping and components, and HVAC equipment
- Electrical — Distribution and control equipment for power, lighting, and telecommunications as well as traditional and LED lighting, solar power, power conditioning, backup units, substations, switchgear, transformers, metering, monitoring, and control
- Communications — Infrastructure and equipment such as nurse call systems, intercommunications, public address, and display systems
- Electronic safety and security equipment — Security cameras, access control, fire alarm, and mass notification systems
Explore MasterSpec Engineering Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
|Sample Section – 223200 Domestic Water Filtration Equipment |
|View Supporting Documents for||Section 223200, Domestic Water Filtration Equipment|
MasterSpec Supporting Documents include:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
Select the solution that best fits your needs:Contact us at 800.424.5080 for personalized service and additional discounts (professional organization, volume, multi-year, renewal, and special promotions).
Basic SolutionsMasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
* SpecBuilder Desktop - Includes one server license and one seat. Additional licenses are at $290/seat.