FAQ - SpecText
- SpecText master specification text in Word
- Drawing Coordination Considerations access
- MasterWorks software
- Drawing Coordination Considerations
- Quick-Start installation guides
- Tables of contents
- Updating instructions
Your license also includes:
- Complete access to ARCOM's user-only website which features a variety of support services, information resources, and special discounts
- Free technical support via email, livechat, or toll-free line
Water/Wastewater Professionals: Select from the only water/wastewater master guide specification libraries available.
- Water/Wastewater Equipment & Utilities Library
- Water/Wastewater Equipment Library
- Water/Wastewater Utilities Library
Civil Engineers: We have two options for you, specifications for your site projects or for your utility specification needs
Engineers: License the specific library for your discipline or the Engineering library (at a discounted price) for your multi-discipline projects.
- Engineering Library
- Mechanical/Electrical Library
- Mechanical Library
- Electrical Library
- Structural Library
Architects: Specifications with streamlined language.
For A/E firms and other multi-discipline firms: These libraries suit your projects which cross multiple disciplines and include package discounts.
ARCOM’s product consultants can help you figure out the best license and value for your practice. However, here are items to consider:
Determine the library that matches your firm’s practice.
Select the specification format that best fits your project complexity or contractual requirements:
- Short Form
- Full Length
- Short Form+ (Short Form plus Outline, discounted)
- Full Length+ (Full Length plus Outline, discounted)
- Value (Short Form plus Full Length, discounted)
- Complete (Short Form plus Full Lengthplus Outline, discounted)
For personal assistance, call ARCOM's product consultants at 800.424.5080 for help with selecting the most appropriate and cost-effective library for your practice, or complete a Request for Information form and someone will contact you shortly.
The short-form specification sections are abridged and streamlined versions of full-length SpecText sections for construction management, design-negotiate-build, and design-build project delivery systems. These sections cover the same topics as the full-length sections and come with Drawing Coordination Considerations.
The full-length specification sections are for your moderate- to large-scale projects.These sections are typically used on large commercial, industrial, and government projects, and come with Drawing Coordination Considerations.
SpecText sections are substantively updated on a one- to five-year cycle, depending on the changes that affect the section. Dynamic updates are issued throughout the year as part of the SpecText license. Updates notices are emailed to clients three to five times a year. Updates include:
- New sections
- Updated sections
- MasterWorks enhancements or upgrades
Yes. ARCOM supports each updated edition of MasterFormat. As a matter of fact, some MasterFormat updates are brought about by suggestions of specification providers like ARCOM.
Yes. SpecText includes information on the LEED Rating system by USGBC.
No. Full payment is necessary for initial license purchases. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or company checks are accepted. Payment options may be available for renewal licenses. Contact your license renewal specialist at 800.424.5080 for more information.
Full payment and a signed license agreement are required before we can email the link to access SpecText. Purchase orders from government entities are also accepted. You will be billed for your license renewal when your initial license is about to expire.
ARCOM offers the ARCOM SpecAcademy, a continuing education and training program offered to users, which include:
- Getting started webinars
- Webinars customized for your office
- Workshops held in various cities throughout the U.S.
- Custom training in your office for a fee plus travel expenses
- Technical support is also available at no cost via toll free phone, livechat, or email
For more information, contact ARCOM’s training and continuing education coordinator at 800.424.5080 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARCOM offers licensed users a number of opportunities to earn ACEC RCEP and SDA CDFA continuing education credit through the ARCOM SpecAcademy program. These opportunities for licensed users include:
- Getting started webinars
- Workshops — Earn up to six RCEP PDH or SDA CDFA credits by attending in-depth, hands-on training provided throughout the year in various cities throughout the U.S.
- Custom Training — Earn ACEC RCEP or SDA CDFA credit via tailored, on-site SpecText seminars or workshops developed specifically for a firm.
- Select Webinars – Earn RCEP or SDA credit through two different webinars offered to grow the user’s skill with ARCOM’s productivity tools.
For more information on ARCOM's continuing education program, contact ARCOM’s training and continuing education coordinator at 800.424.5080 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
There are many benefits to a continued SpecText license. These include:
- Getting started webinars
- Maintaining the right to use copyrighted information
- Continued access to Drawing Coordination Considerations
- Updates (new and updated sections) throughout your license period
- Free technical and specification support
- Continued access to cloud-based manufacturer
- Free use of MasterWorks productivity software
- A staff of over 45 focused on providing you the best specification content, software, and resources
- And more…
You lose all the benefits listed above and you violate copyright laws if you continue to use SpecText and any specifications or office masters based on SpecText.